Nothing is normal when it comes to the 2020 Ohio high school football season, including the fact that this is the final weekend of the six-game regular season. On Thursday, the Ohio High School Athletic Association announced the first round playoff pairings and brackets for the 648 teams that will take part in the postseason.
In a normal season, 224 schools qualify for the playoffs, with eight schools from each of 28 regions earning a bid through the OHSAA’s Harbin computer ratings system, which were not be used this season. However, this season due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the playoffs begin in Week 7 (October 9-10) and all teams were allowed to opt into the postseason.
Divisions, I, II, III and VII will play on Friday nights. Divisions IV, V and VI will play on Saturday nights. All games kick off at 7 p.m.
The Division I state championship game will be played Friday, November 13. The specific dates and times for the state championship games in Divisions II through VII will be announced at a later date, but will be played within the November 19-22 date range. Sites will be announced at a later date, as well, but it is unlikely that all seven games will be played at the same venue. There will be no state championship games that happen simultaneously, as each game will have its own time slot.
Below are the regional brackets for every division:
- Division I Region 1 | Region 2 | Region 3 | Region 4
- Division II Region 5 | Region 6 | Region 7 | Region 8
- Division III Region 9 | Region 10 | Region 11 | Region 12
- Division IV Region 13 | Region 14 | Region 15 | Region 16
- Division V Region 17 | Region 18 | Region 19 | Region 20
- Division VI Region 21 | Region 22 | Region 23 | Region 24
- Division VII Region 25 | Region 26 | Region 27 | Region 28