by Jeff Fisher
18 of the best QB’s in America took to the field at Nike World Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon to strut their stuff before a Who’s Who list of instructors at the 2014 Elite 11 quarterback competition.. Super Bowl champion QB Trent Dilfer is the head coach at the event that began in 1999.
The Elite 11, with a big boost from ESPN, is usually the first national stage for many of these top-notch high school players. Current NFLers Andrew Luck and Matthew Stafford and many, many others have participated in the Elite 11.
On Sunday, this year’s group received coaching from current college stars Bryce Petty of Baylor and Everett Golson of Notre Dame with Heisman winners Sam Bradford and Johnny Manziel checking-out the action from the sidelines. Golson, as a senior-to-be at Myrtle Beach High School in South Carolina, participated in the 2009 Elite 11.
Just moments ago, according to the Elite 11‘s Twitter account, Jarrett Stidham of Stephenville High School in Texas is ranked #1 after 36 hours of competition.
1. Jarrett Stidham – Stephenville (Texas)
2. Drew Lock – Lee’s Summit (Missouri)
3. Josh Rosen – St. John Bosco (California)
4. Blake Barnett – Corona Santiago (California)
5.Ryan Brand – U-D Jesuit (Michigan)
6. Brandon Wimbush – St. Peter’s Prep (New Jersey
7. Ross Bowers – Bothell (Washington)
8. Travis Waller – Servite (California)
9. Sam Darnold – San Clemente (California)
10. Deondre Francois – IMG Academy (Florida)
11. Brady White – Hart (California)